The Administration is leaking stories about the President’s orders to the CIA to get rid of Saddam Hussein. Presumably, this is to encourage anti-Saddam elements in Iraq and to persuade those in Iraq who are now on the fence that they had better get onto the winning team. Meanwhile, Debka File is reporting that the goal of President Bush’s statement on the Middle East, expected later this week, “will not be solving the Palestinian issue, but generating the best possible circumstances for the coming US offensive against Iraq.” As for Arafat, for President Bush “a terrorist is a terrorist and not to be tolerated.” Apparently this is why, according to Debka File, “the European Union as a bloc has finally decided that it does not like George Bush.” EU taxpayers are once again funding Palestinian terror. Our path seems destined to continue diverging from that of the Europeans. Good for us.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell