Yesterday the Democrats were out in force on the Sunday talk shows, urging a harder line against Saudi Arabia and supporting the overthrow of Saddam. Is this a sign that the Democrats are trying to get to Bush’s right on the war? Nah. They’re just spooked by the appalling poll results they get whenever they criticize the Administration on the war or come across as squishy. They’ve concluded that for now their only viable course is to be pro-war. But as soon as something goes wrong, as it inevitably does in wartime, they’ll have their knives out looking for political advantage.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell