Way to go, Trunk. Arafat will never get what he deserves–that wouldn’t be possible, in this life–but at least he is finally being made irrelevant as a political figure. And I would bet that George Bush is one person who hasn’t forgotten about Noel and Moore, or about Leon Klinghoffer, or Arafat’s other crimes against Americans and others. Bush is such a simple-minded guy–he just can’t help disapproving of murder. I’ve read (can’t remember where) that one reason why he hasn’t engaged in any personal Mideast summitry is that he can’t bring himself to shake Arafat’s hand. By the way, here’s a prediction: Arafat will eventually be murdered by a Muslim zealot, reprising the fate of a number of history’s washed-up fanatics.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell