While the Rocket is giving his memory a work-out recalling the Ford administration’s Whip Inflation Now campaign, we should not forget that President Ford’s speech announcing the program did include helpful advice to average Americans struggling with the effects of his own (and Nixon’s) bad economic policy: be sure to eat all the food on your plate. Thank you, Mr. President! And thanks also for commissioning that wonderful Whip Inflation Now theme song by Meredith Wilson, played live on television by Wilson following your speech, and making all us midwesterners so proud!
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- 97 Percent of All Liberal Claims Are Wrong
- Earth's Climate Shows 2,000-Year Cooling Trend
- In which Keith Ellison finds me of use
- Next, let's poll the police
- The Collapse of the Democratic Party In South Dakota: What Happened?
- The Cuba appeasement and the latest detainee release -- is there a connection?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell