While the Rocket is giving his memory a work-out recalling the Ford administration’s Whip Inflation Now campaign, we should not forget that President Ford’s speech announcing the program did include helpful advice to average Americans struggling with the effects of his own (and Nixon’s) bad economic policy: be sure to eat all the food on your plate. Thank you, Mr. President! And thanks also for commissioning that wonderful Whip Inflation Now theme song by Meredith Wilson, played live on television by Wilson following your speech, and making all us midwesterners so proud!
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell