It’s always reassuring to know that we are on the opposite side from Sweden and the United Nations. The same Arab News article quotes the execrable Swedish Foreign Minister Anna Lindh calling Bush’s demand for Arafat’s ouster “neither acceptable nor politically wise,” in part because “we don’t know what risks coming after Arafat.” Kofi Annan sounded the same note, warning that Palestinian elections might be won by “radicals.” So we should be stuck with Arafat forever for fear the situation could get worse? God forbid the Palestinians should fall into the hands of radicals!
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell