It’s always reassuring to know that we are on the opposite side from Sweden and the United Nations. The same Arab News article quotes the execrable Swedish Foreign Minister Anna Lindh calling Bush’s demand for Arafat’s ouster “neither acceptable nor politically wise,” in part because “we don’t know what risks coming after Arafat.” Kofi Annan sounded the same note, warning that Palestinian elections might be won by “radicals.” So we should be stuck with Arafat forever for fear the situation could get worse? God forbid the Palestinians should fall into the hands of radicals!
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell