One thing about the 9th Circuit, you can’t accuse them of playing to the gallery. It would be hard to think of a worse time (not that there would ever be a good time) to declare the Pledge unconstitutional. Fourth of July next week, September 11 fresh in our memories, etc. Even Tom Daschle felt obliged to denounce the decision. It will undoubtedly be reversed, either by the Circuit en banc or by the Supreme Court, but I think it will have significant repercussions. For one thing, how can the Democrats continue to feign grave concern when they talk about Republican judicial nominees being “out of the mainstream”? That particular strategy would appear to be history. Emails to Patrick Leahy and Daschle wouldn’t hurt.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell