The Pledge decision isn’t just a joke–it is actually very revealing of the contemporary liberal mind. You’ve probably read the paragraph where the Court says that “one nation under God” is the same as “one nation under Zeus,” or “under Vishnu,” or “under no god.” These guys weren’t kidding; they knew their decision would be greeted with outrage and they thought they were writing for the ages. And this is the best they could come up with. It must be great to be a liberal–no contact with reality required.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Rigged! Edition
- Democrat Agrees to Spanish-Language Debate, Drops Out When He Realizes Opponent Speaks Spanish
- Corrections of the day [Updated With One More]
- What is to be done?
- Clinton Foundation employed senior Muslim Brotherhood official
- Trump's Gettysburg Address? He's Off-Message!
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell