The Pledge decision isn’t just a joke–it is actually very revealing of the contemporary liberal mind. You’ve probably read the paragraph where the Court says that “one nation under God” is the same as “one nation under Zeus,” or “under Vishnu,” or “under no god.” These guys weren’t kidding; they knew their decision would be greeted with outrage and they thought they were writing for the ages. And this is the best they could come up with. It must be great to be a liberal–no contact with reality required.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is the Washington Press Corps Covering Up Another Obama Administration Fiasco? [Updated]
- What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
- Who's a Chickenshit?
- More on the Obama Administration Scandal That the Washington Press Corps Tried to Bury
- When You've Lost the New York Times. . .
- Who's The Warmest of Them All?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell