Richard Brookhiser has a terrific column on the war in the weekly New York Observer dated July 1. He makes several points in the column, one of which is the unlikelihood that the war against us is being directed by “the dirt poor kakistocrats of Khartoum and Kabul.” He acknowledges that Osama bin Laden is charismatic, “if you find dream interpretation
and Koranic midrash charismatic.” He is a fine writer in addition to being an outstanding teacher of American history, as he has become through his biographies of Washington, Hamilton, and the Adams family.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell