Arafat’s PA administration may be falling apart. This report in the Jerusalem Post describes pressure being applied by Egypt and confusion over whether terrorist Tawfiq Tirawi has or has not been dismissed from power by Arafat. Also, former Labor PM Shimon Peres is reported to have told the Egyptians that “there is a consensus around the ideas of US President George W. Bush’s Middle East vision, which has been accepted by the quartet of the US, European Union, United Nations and Russia.” And also by virtually everyone in Israel, from Benjamin Netanyahu to Peres. It is remarkable that President Bush can chart a 90-degree change in the course of American policy, and bring the entire world (less perhaps a few Arab countries) along with him. His power is proportional to the boldness of his vision, but starts to slip away, internationally as well as domestically, whenever the administration drifts.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- A Police-Involved Shooting In Omaha
- More evidence that the criminal justice system is too lenient
- Is Hillary's Candidacy Just Another Business Deal?
- Obama expounds the limits of Iran's anti-Semitism
- Washington Post Attacks Rubio: He's Not Rich!
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell