Now a Jordanian opposition magazine is reporting that “Yasser Arafat is expected to step down in the coming weeks.” The magazine reports that Arafat is “almost acquiescent about stepping down willingly” as a result of the Bush administration’s declared refusal to deal with him as the Palestinians’ legitimate representative. The magazine, Al-Majd, also reports that Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Egypt are all denying that they are pressuring Arafat to step down.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell