Now a Jordanian opposition magazine is reporting that “Yasser Arafat is expected to step down in the coming weeks.” The magazine reports that Arafat is “almost acquiescent about stepping down willingly” as a result of the Bush administration’s declared refusal to deal with him as the Palestinians’ legitimate representative. The magazine, Al-Majd, also reports that Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Egypt are all denying that they are pressuring Arafat to step down.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell