An unnamed State Department hand in the American Embassy in Saudi Arabia has responded to the July 15 blog (referred to below) by Juan Non-Volokh of the Volokh Conspiracy. According to State Department hand quoted in Senor Non-Volokh’s July 16 blog, the press accounts on which Senor Non-Volokh had relied were “skewed,” although the hand failed to provide any details supporting this assertion. Senor Non-Volokh invites his unnamed State Department correspondent to provide information substantiating this assertion. The chances that he will receive a substantive response do not appear strong.
When I was researching my piece on the State Department and Yasser Arafat, I received an equally mystifying communication from a State Department spokesman. I asked the incomparable Daniel Pipes if he understood the State Department as an institution. Pipes responded that he confined himself to the study of easier subjects, such as Syria and Islam.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell