I guess, Trunk, but it’s hard to tell from that article what Hillary’s point was. It isn’t clear whether she was arguing against the FEC regulations that Feingold is pushing for, or whether she was admitting that McCain/Feingold was itself a bad idea. Either point would be correct, but it’s more interesting if she was pointing out the perils of the statute itself. The Democrats pretended for years that they wanted to enact McCain/Feingold, and finally got their bluff called and had to do it.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell