Andrew Sullivan has nailed the New York Times lying about “global warming” in Alaska. But in the meantime, other newspapers, starting with the Washington Post, have repeated the Times’ hoax. The Post worked the Times’ misinformation into a story on melting glaciers that was then picked up by other newspapers. Here is a version of the story that appeared in the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Notice that the Strib, like the Post, refers to “the past thirty years,” making explicit the misrepresentation that was implicit in the Times’ “correction” of its original story. Maybe these retailings of the Times’ myth are innocent, but it is hard to believe that other newspapers haven’t figured out that the Times cannot be relied on for truthful reporting, or even for truthful corrections of its misrepresentations.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- Is Hillary's Glass Jaw Starting to Crack Already?
- Washington Post Attacks Rubio: He's Not Rich!
- Delusional White House Calls ISIS Strategy "A Success"
- Paging Dr. Emily Litella: Another Science Fraud Exposed
- This Week's Energy Unicorn
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell