Reuel Marc Gerecht is a Farsi-speaking former CIA agent who worked for the agency on the ground in Iran. He wrote a fascinating book about his experience as an agent, Know Thine Enemy. Since leaving the agency he has established himself as one of the few invaluable commentators on the Middle East. The issue of the Weekly Standard out this morning has an excellent piece about the administration’s Middle East policy. Gerecht credits President Bush with the articulation of a correct and visionary policy of regime change for Iran in particular. The Iranian Islamofascists are in fact an incredibly sinister and destructive force with murderous intent that appears only for the moment to be focused on Israel.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell