I took my two youngest daughters to the Twins game this afternoon. The Twins are playing in a zone right now that makes them great fun to watch. Their starting pitcher today was Johan Santana, who I do not believe made the team out of spring training. Santana gave up two hits in eight innings while striking out 14 Blue Jays (I think). Guardado pitched the ninth and gave up a hit but recorded another strikeout. Twins win 4-0, the last run being on a homerun rocket by Torii Hunter, the most exciting player on the team this year. As a practical matter the Twins clinched their division about two weeks ago and seem to be playing for the right to have the home edge in the playoffs.
During the seventh inning stretch they played “I’m Proud to be an American” (is it by Lee Greenwood?); more fans sang along with it than sang along with “Take Me Out to the Ballgame.” Question: What does country music have in common with baseball? Hint: think Rick Monday. Answer: the patriotism of its players and fans.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Princeton Students Fight Back
- Five Shot at Black Lives Matter Protest In Minneapolis [Updated]
- Washington Post's Fact Checker Doesn't Read the Washington Post [Updated][Updated Again]
- When the Press Attacks Donald Trump, the Truth Is Optional [Updated]
- Insist on the Gosar amendment
- Ted Cruz surges in Iowa
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell