Martin Peretz is the former owner of the venerable New Republic magazine. (He recently sold a substantial percentage of his ownership interest to others.) He is also a longstanding and articulate defender of Israel’s right to defend itself against the unceasing depredations of its neighbors. Peretz is as knowledgeable of the admirable qualities of Israel and its citizens as anyone who writes in the American media and he has demonstrated the unfairness or ignorance of many journalists, commentators, and media figures who address events in the Middle East. The current issue of the New Republic carries Peretz’s characteristically informed essay on Salah Shehadeh, the Hamas military leader whom Israel assassinated last week and whom I wrote about yesterday. Like virtually everything Peretz writes, it is worth reading.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Obama to Oil Companies (and Motorists): Drop Dead
- For Venezuela, the End Is Near. Someone Tell Bernie!
- Clinton clobbers Sanders [with comment by Paul]
- Clinton among friends
- Polls show Rubio surging in New Hampshire [UPDATED: the Romney factor] [UPDATED AGAIN]
- Washington Post airbrushes Obama's mosque visit
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell