On another subject, it is good to see the Democrats’ environmental extremism finally coming back to haunt them. The Wall Street Journal reports on the political consequences of the summer’s western wildfires. The utterly corrupt Tom Daschle, by obtaining a stealth waiver for South Dakota that is being denied to all other states, cut the Democrats’ legs out from under them. (This shows, by the way, how desperate the Democrats are to hold on to their unelected Senate majority. Daschle’s object was to benefit fellow South Dakotan Tim Johnson, who is in the fight of his life against the more popular and more able John Thune.)
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell