Michelle Malkin blasts the California education bureaucracy’s effort to drive home-schoolers out of business. My guess is that California’s attack on competition comes too late. Home-schooling was subjected to years of derision and bureaucratic obstacles, but the success of home-schooled children in spelling contests, geography contests, debate tournaments, music, and academic pursuits generally has become too obvious to ignore. Now, everyone knows that the education establishment wants to stop parents from home-schooling not because the parents don’t do a good enough job, but because they succeed too well and thereby reveal the inadequacies of public education.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell