Michelle Malkin blasts the California education bureaucracy’s effort to drive home-schoolers out of business. My guess is that California’s attack on competition comes too late. Home-schooling was subjected to years of derision and bureaucratic obstacles, but the success of home-schooled children in spelling contests, geography contests, debate tournaments, music, and academic pursuits generally has become too obvious to ignore. Now, everyone knows that the education establishment wants to stop parents from home-schooling not because the parents don’t do a good enough job, but because they succeed too well and thereby reveal the inadequacies of public education.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell