Welcome back, Deacon. The most interesting aspect of the North Carolina controversy is that the University isn’t requiring students to read the entire Koran–rather, it is assigning excerpts from the Koran chosen to fit some academic’s preconceptions. Leftists could deconstruct this in an interesting way–brahmins of one culture bowdlerizing a sacred text of another culture to fit their own agenda, an agenda which is completely different from the purposes of those adherents of the Koran whose genocidal actions prompted the requirement–but they won’t.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Treason of the Professors [Updated]
- Has Hillary Clinton created a national security disaster?
- Washington Post offers glimpses of Hillary's legal jeopardy
- How much smokier can a gun get?
- Hillary's Email Scandal? Rush Limbaugh Made Her Do It! [Updated]
- Hillary Staffer to Plead the Fifth on Email Server
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell