Welcome back, Deacon. The most interesting aspect of the North Carolina controversy is that the University isn’t requiring students to read the entire Koran–rather, it is assigning excerpts from the Koran chosen to fit some academic’s preconceptions. Leftists could deconstruct this in an interesting way–brahmins of one culture bowdlerizing a sacred text of another culture to fit their own agenda, an agenda which is completely different from the purposes of those adherents of the Koran whose genocidal actions prompted the requirement–but they won’t.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell