The Telegraph, citing diplomatic sources, claims that Saddam Hussein ordered the murder of Abu Nidal because he refused to cooperate in the training of al Qaeda troops in northern Iraq. Well, I have little doubt that Saddam ordered the murder, but the Telegraph’s scenario seems extremely unlikely. Someday we’ll probably know the explanation, but this won’t be it. I’m also skeptical about Debka File’s theory as noted in my post from a couple of days ago, but between the two, Debka’s seems more likely.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell