The Telegraph, citing diplomatic sources, claims that Saddam Hussein ordered the murder of Abu Nidal because he refused to cooperate in the training of al Qaeda troops in northern Iraq. Well, I have little doubt that Saddam ordered the murder, but the Telegraph’s scenario seems extremely unlikely. Someday we’ll probably know the explanation, but this won’t be it. I’m also skeptical about Debka File’s theory as noted in my post from a couple of days ago, but between the two, Debka’s seems more likely.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- What Color Is the Dress? What Dress?
- King v. Burwell: a discouraging mid-argument report [UPDATED] [WITH FINAL UPDATE]
- Who is Eric Hoteham? [Updated With Twitter Account]
- Another Reason Why Hillary Can't Win
- Energy Sense from an Unlikely Source
- MSM mainstays cut Clinton no slack over her email account
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell