The Telegraph, citing diplomatic sources, claims that Saddam Hussein ordered the murder of Abu Nidal because he refused to cooperate in the training of al Qaeda troops in northern Iraq. Well, I have little doubt that Saddam ordered the murder, but the Telegraph’s scenario seems extremely unlikely. Someday we’ll probably know the explanation, but this won’t be it. I’m also skeptical about Debka File’s theory as noted in my post from a couple of days ago, but between the two, Debka’s seems more likely.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- A Police-Involved Shooting In Omaha
- More evidence that the criminal justice system is too lenient
- Washington Post Attacks Rubio: He's Not Rich!
- Obama expounds the limits of Iran's anti-Semitism
- Is Hillary's Candidacy Just Another Business Deal?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell