Garment’s autobiography, Crazy Rhythm is a classic. Trunk, my memory easily runs back to the Nixon administration. As leftists at the time, Rocket Man and I viewed “Tricky Dick” as entirely evil. Although I no longer hold that view, I must admit that, at every stage of my progession to the right, I have continued to dislike Nixon and his presidency. A wise conservative, not bothered by Watergate, once told me that there were only two things wrong with the Nixon administration — its foreign policy and its domestic policy. Regardless, Nixon remains one of the truly fascinating figures of the last century.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- A Police-Involved Shooting In Omaha
- More evidence that the criminal justice system is too lenient
- Washington Post Attacks Rubio: He's Not Rich!
- Obama expounds the limits of Iran's anti-Semitism
- Is Hillary's Candidacy Just Another Business Deal?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell