Terry Eastland’s piece on the Weekly Standard’s web page reports on a federal class action lawsuit challenging the federal government’s affirmative action program regarding its own employees. Eastland demonstrates the cynicism and absurdity of that program. Bill Clinton promised to “mend” affirmative action. Yet, the government apparently has preferred minority candidates over better qualified whtes where the overall representation of the minority group in the relevant job category was one-tenth of one percent less than what the bureaucrats deemed, based on census-type data, to be the “proper” level. To do so, the law requires these officials to find such slight differences a “manifest imbalance.” This turns out to be no obstacle for the government. At least until the class action suit is decided.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Princeton Students Fight Back
- Five Shot at Black Lives Matter Protest In Minneapolis [Updated]
- Washington Post's Fact Checker Doesn't Read the Washington Post [Updated][Updated Again]
- White Supremacy, Or Self-Defense?
- When the Press Attacks Donald Trump, the Truth Is Optional [Updated]
- Annals of inanity
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell