Here’s liberal columnist E. J. Dionne’s take on the New York Democratic primary contest for Governor. It pits Andrew Cuomo against Carl McCall, an African American Dartmouth man. McCall is leading, but one should never under-estimate a Cuomo’s capacity for dirty tricks. Indeed, McCall’s campaign has accused Cuomo’s of smearing McCall’s running-mate. My favorite part of the column is the report that Cuomo has enlisted the infamous Cornel West. At a black church West opined that McCall “is a decent man, but he’s a hesitant brother. He’s a timid brother.” The bottom line is that things look very good for Governor Pataki.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell