Cincinatti has of course progressed much further toward a terminal condition than Minneapolis, but if you can see with your own eyes there should be little doubt that Minneapolis is traveling along the same course as Cincinatti. Cincinatti’s recent “melee” has prompted some soul-searching of a kind that would greatly benefit Minneapolis. But don’t hold your breath waiting to find a story like the August 26 Cincinatti Enquirer story “Suburbanites eschew downtown” anytime soon in the Minneapolis Star Tribune or the St. Paul Pioneer Press. And don’t hold your breath waiting for either paper to use the great Middle English verb “eschew” in a headline either. Wonderful!
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell