Cincinatti has of course progressed much further toward a terminal condition than Minneapolis, but if you can see with your own eyes there should be little doubt that Minneapolis is traveling along the same course as Cincinatti. Cincinatti’s recent “melee” has prompted some soul-searching of a kind that would greatly benefit Minneapolis. But don’t hold your breath waiting to find a story like the August 26 Cincinatti Enquirer story “Suburbanites eschew downtown” anytime soon in the Minneapolis Star Tribune or the St. Paul Pioneer Press. And don’t hold your breath waiting for either paper to use the great Middle English verb “eschew” in a headline either. Wonderful!
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell