Trunk, Keegan’s column certainly is powerful. Thanks for posting it. I enjoyed your baseball blog too, Rocket Man. I guess the players figure that pursuing the traditional labor union model has worked well for them in the past. But, you’re right, they are irrational to the extent that applying it going forward will prevent changes that are needed to keep the game viable, or will result in a strike that seriously sets baseball back. From the players’ perspective, the problem they have viewing themselves as partners with the owners is that they just don’t trust them. This too may be irrational, although I must admit that the owners don’t seem like a trustworthy lot.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell