It’s game, set, and match to you, Rocket Man, if I’m espousing the views of dear old Professor Scott-Craig, the Heidegger discipile. I thought I might be coming from the direction of the much more respectable and formidable Professor Gert, but you’ve given me pause. Actually, I agree with you that there is a difference betwen ethics and aesthetics. My judgments about Saddam are ethical ones, not aesthetic. I’m less sure that my support of capital punishment is not, at root, aesthetic. In any event, I certainly concur that the death penalty sends the correct signal.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell