Here’s a headline that raises a question I would classify as self-answering: “Surge in sick pay raises questions in Sweden”. It appears that 10% of the entire population of Sweden, which should be more like 20% of what would normally be the employed population, is on long-term sick leave or early medical retirement. Let’s see…if not working pays virtually as well as working, and ambition is hardly a factor since no one can get ahead financially anyway…I think the mystery is solved. I can remember when Sweden was seriously held up as a model that the US should follow–even by us, right, Deacon? At least no one is saying that anymore.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell