The Weekly Standard has collected some of Al Gore’s “conflicting statements” about Iraq over the years. I know that Rocket Man and Trunk don’t deal in rumors, and I have tried to honor that policy. But here I cannot resist mentioning the persistent Washington rumor that, in 1991 when Al Gore was trying to decide how to vote on the Gulf War resolution, Gore conditioned his agreement to vote for President Bush’s resolution on Bob Dole’s agreement to give him a good television time in which to deliver his speech on this issue.
Most Read on Power Line
- A Window Opens Onto the Left-Wing Conspiracy
- Are A Few Journalists Starting to Figure It Out?
- Cleta Mitchell: IRS annoyed by Power Line
- Dan Rather Plots Comeback, With Assist From Robert Redford
- Are Journalists Starting to Figure It Out? (Chapter 2)
- World Cup preview -- Argentina vs. Holland [UPDATED -- Argentina wins]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell