Charles Krauthammer’s take on one of the two recent despicable speeches by contemptible men (Al Gore’s, not Tom Daschle’s) in today’s Washington Post is a demolition job. I love this paragraph toward the end: “The New York Times reports that Gore wrote the speech ‘after consulting a fairly far-flung group of advisers that included Rob Reiner.’ Current U.S. foreign policy is the combined product of Donald Rumsfeld, Condoleezza Rice, Dick Cheney, Colin Powell, Paul Wolfowitz and the president. Meanwhile, the pretender is huddling with Meathead.”
In “Daschle’s Breakdown” John Podhoretz covers the despicable speech by the other contemptible man in his column in today’s NY Post.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell