Here is a tribute to this year’s Minnesota Twins from their ancestral home. Washington Post sportswriter William Gildea, who is old enough to remember when the Twins were the Washington Senators, finds immense satisfaction in the Twins’ season. He is also pleased that two other less than glamorous franchises — the Oakland A’s and the Anaheim Angels — have joined the Twins in the playoffs.
Most Read on Power Line
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Lilly Ledbetter and the lie that will not die
- The Hillary-Boeing-Russia triangle
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- Balancing Act: The Democrats' Ideology Versus Reality
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell