The Associated Press confirms that Torricelli is dropping out of the race. Speculation over possible replacement candidates focuses on former Senators Bill Bradley and Frank Lautenberg and current House members Bob Menedez, Frank Pallone, and Rob Andrews (the latter has been an ardent Bush supporter when it comes to Iraq). But state law apparently is an obstacle to replacing a candidate this late in the game, absent extraordinary circumstances such as the death of the candidate. Terminal corruption is not an extraordinary circumstance, at least not among Democrats in New Jersey.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is the Washington Press Corps Covering Up Another Obama Administration Fiasco? [Updated]
- What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
- Who's a Chickenshit?
- More on the Obama Administration Scandal That the Washington Press Corps Tried to Bury
- When You've Lost the New York Times. . .
- Who's The Warmest of Them All?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell