Good news from Singapore’s Straits Times: “Indonesia’s most violent Muslim extremist group, Laskar Jihad, has been disbanded.” The sub-headline reads: “Muslim extremist group senses major swing of public opinion against it as Bali horror draws condemnation from moderate Muslims.” Yes, that plus the fact that the Indonesian government has announced it will arrest suspected terrorists without warrants and will detain them without trial. The bottom line, I guess, is that most people, of whatever religion, are opposed to mass murder. Still, it is understandable that Laskar Jihad was surprised at the reaction to the Bali bombing. The Straits Times notes that the group has been “blamed for the killing of thousands of Christians.” Until now, apparently no one minded much.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell