Yup, Deacon, he’s dead. Bin Laden’s been laiden six feet under (apologies, for the third time, to Mark Steyn). After the election is over, we’ll go back to a more eclectic style of commentary. For the moment, before we return to the various hot Senate races, I want to note this contretemps. England’s Culture Minister has denounced this year’s Turner Prize entrants as “conceptual bullshit.” This drew predictable howls from the artiste community. Unfortunately, along the way toward a balanced article, the London Times is required to describe the “art works” in question. Which resolves the debate in favor of the Culture Minister.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell