Here is a report from National Review Online about the passage of the U.N. resolution on Iraq. The report predicts that Iraq will quickly frustrate inspectors so obviously that the U.S. and Britain will attack Iraq within a few months, after brief discussions with the Security Council. Things could certainly play out that way. However, it is also possible, as the report acknowledges, that Iraq will string the U.N. along for a while and that, once that charade is finished, the U.S. will become bogged down in more wrangling at the U.N. I continue to believe that it was a mistake for President Bush to have taken the U.N. this seriously and to have done so much dancing with France.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell