Matt Drudge linked to this Time article about a poll by former Clinton pollster Mark Penn which suggests that the Wellstone pep rally hurt Democrats not only in Minnesota, but nationally. Penn found that 68% of voters knew about the memorial service, and a remarkable 67% of independents said it made them less likely to vote for a Democrat. Even more important, however, is that 65% of respondents said that the Democrats have not been supportive enough of the war on terror. So much for the theory, apparently prevalent among Democrats and their supporters, that they lost because they failed to take on President Bush aggressively enough.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell