Rocket Man, a reader writes to observe that Guy Hunt was Alabama’s first Republican governor since Reconstruction, and another Republican followed him. We can neverthless crank up our favorite song of this election season, “Another one bites the dust” (lyrics and music via RealOnePlayer). I believe that in Louisiana, however, President Bush is aiming to make some more history by helping elect the first Republican senator in that state since Reconstruction.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell