The news of the day includes word that the previously spiked sports columns of New York Times writers Dave Anderson and Harvey Araton will see the light of day–in the Times–this weekend. The story is a Newsweek Web exclusive by Seth Mnookin: “The Times backs down.” For those involved, such as the estimable Dave Anderson, the story is obviously not funny. But is it possible that the powers that be at the Times have any understanding of the fact that they have made themselves a national laughingstock?
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell