Courtesy of RealClearPolitics, two more items for your consideration today. Ben Stein has a wonderful column on the “What Would Jesus Drive?” campaign: “Roadway Pharisees.” And the New York Times Magazine has an interesting article by George Packer on the internal liberal debate over war with Iraq: “The Liberal Quandary over Iraq.” The portrait of liberalism that emerges from discussions with the prominent intellectuals interviewed by Packer is not a pretty one. The only unabashed American patriot of the lot seems to be the Brit emigre socialist Christopher Hitchens. Don’t miss the article’s concluding four paragraphs.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell