Jim Hoagland of the Washington Post has been Saddam Hussein’s most persistent critic among journalists for the past two decades. In today’s column, he argues that Saddam’s 12,000-page report has sealed his fate, eliminating the slight chance that the dictator will slip out of the noose, as he did with the “hubristic first President Bush and the clueless Bill Clinton.” According to Hoagland, “having to defend that mess of a report should embarrass even the Russians and the French.” Unfortunately, while Hoagland has always had the right line on Saddam, his assessment of the Russians and the French may be too generous.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell