France is reporting that it has rounded up a group of Islamic terrorists who were planning attacks on the Russian embassy in Paris and other Russian interests in France. Of particular interest is that the terrorists who have been identified are non-Chechans with links to al Qaeda. This appears to confirm several important points: first, the unity between Chechan terrorists and the Islamofascists generally; and second, the lack of any apparent strategic sense on the part of al Qaeda and its allies. If al Qaeda were pursuing a rational plan, it would surely try to isolate the United States and Israel from other western countries, above all their former adversaries like Russia. To attack all of the western countries at once is suicidal, like Hitler’s needlessly declaring war on the U.S. after Pearl Harbor, only worse. I guess that is the bright side of having enemies who are crazy.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Cultural Differences, Assimilation and Immigration Policy
- Holder DOJ expert witness: blacks are dumber and less civic-minded than whites
- The Blame America First Liberals Are Back
- Fusion at Last? Not So Fast
- The Democrats Go Back to Their Racist Roots [Updated]
- Deperate Dems "not ready to accept defeat"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell