Victor Davis Hanson comprehensively surveys the changes already wrought by 9/11 as well as those to be wrought by American power over the next few months: “Iraqi aftershocks.” It is quite a ride, with a stirring conclusion that will get no quarrel from us: “[P]erhaps the queerest phenomenon of all was where real wisdom was to be found in our hour of greatest need…[Not from those who should have been able to provide it.] Instead, a president who supposedly slurred his words and forgot dictator’s names sensed the extent and threat of a rare evil, as well as the remedy for its demise that had escaped his supposed betters. And so far that has made all the difference in this strange war.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell