William Tucker takes a look behind one of Time magazine’s 2002 whistleblower heroes to find the “Coverup of the year.” The appropriate counterpoint comes from a paragon of journalistic excellence, the Wall Street Journal’s Robert Bartley: “A few final words as editor.”
As is usual with our sampling of the day’s best columns, the items above come courtesy of our friends at RealClearPolitics. In updating their site yesterday morning they came across a column in the Boston Globe that they have kindly forwarded to us. Courtesy of RealClearPolitics–and special to the Power Line–is this follow-up to Saturday’s 15-hour Hank Williams marathon: “Lonesome Whistle: Hank Williams and the Honky Tonk absurd.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is the Washington Press Corps Covering Up Another Obama Administration Fiasco? [Updated]
- What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
- When You've Lost the New York Times. . .
- Who's a Chickenshit?
- More on the Obama Administration Scandal That the Washington Press Corps Tried to Bury
- Who's a Chickenshit? Part Two
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell