Mona Charen, in the Washington Times, examines the efforts of the Democrats to “get to President Bush’s right on homeland security.” She finds these efforts laughable. The Democrats, it seems, want the toughest homeland security measures possible, as long as they offend no civil servant, civil libertarian, pro-immigration lobby, or trial lawyer. Moreover, as Charen notes, even if the Democrats could overcome all of these constraints, “they would remain handicapped on this issue because they don’t see the big picture,” namely that the war must be taken to our enemies, including enemy states, if we are to be safe here at home. As Charen concludes, “The president has an offense and a defense. The Democrats, so far, have neither.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- 97 Percent of All Liberal Claims Are Wrong
- Earth's Climate Shows 2,000-Year Cooling Trend
- In which Keith Ellison finds me of use
- Next, let's poll the police
- The Collapse of the Democratic Party In South Dakota: What Happened?
- The Cuba appeasement and the latest detainee release -- is there a connection?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell