Mona Charen, in the Washington Times, examines the efforts of the Democrats to “get to President Bush’s right on homeland security.” She finds these efforts laughable. The Democrats, it seems, want the toughest homeland security measures possible, as long as they offend no civil servant, civil libertarian, pro-immigration lobby, or trial lawyer. Moreover, as Charen notes, even if the Democrats could overcome all of these constraints, “they would remain handicapped on this issue because they don’t see the big picture,” namely that the war must be taken to our enemies, including enemy states, if we are to be safe here at home. As Charen concludes, “The president has an offense and a defense. The Democrats, so far, have neither.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- A Police-Involved Shooting In Omaha
- More evidence that the criminal justice system is too lenient
- Is Hillary's Candidacy Just Another Business Deal?
- Obama expounds the limits of Iran's anti-Semitism
- Washington Post Attacks Rubio: He's Not Rich!
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell