While driving this afternoon I listened to a liberal talk show on Minnesota’s biggest radio station, a longtime DFL bastion. The host agreed with a caller that John Ashcroft had murdered Mel Carnahan (while Carnahan was “way ahead” in the polls–not true, of course). The host then pulled out a list of liberal politicians who had died under “suspicious circumstances” (i.e, plane crashes), which the host attributed to “right wing death squads.” It will be interesting to see whether the Democratic Party disavows these nut-jobs–an increasingly important segment of the party–or whether it tolerates them and perhaps, in the end, allows them to take over the party. I’m still waiting for the first “mainstream” Democrat to disassociate himself from this rapidly-spreading variety of hate speech.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Under investigation [With Comment By John]
- The Week in Pictures: Narrative Riot Edition
- How's the Coverup Going, Hillary?
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Mark Cuban and Gennifer Flowers to Square Off at Monday's Debate? [with comment by Paul]
- Scandal management with the FBI
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell