This is truly sick: a new series of television ads promoting the idea that driving SUVs supports terrorists. The ads, which apparently are the brainchild of former conservative Ariana Huffington, feature people saying things like “I helped hijack an airplane,” and “I gave money to a terrorist training camp in a foreign country.”
The logic? Well, SUVs burn gas, and some gas comes from the Middle East, and some of that Middle Eastern gas money winds up in the hands of terrorists. Of course, those of us who are still conservatives, unlike Ms. Huffington, would probably say we should keep driving our cars and kill the terrorists. Oh, and also, drill for oil in Alaska. Do you suppose liberals will run ads in the districts of Congressmen who have blocked Alaskan oil development, saying “I gave money to a terrorist training camp”? Just a thought.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell